Whether you want to live a healthy & active lifestyle, qualify for the Boston Marathon, improve your race time or walk/run your first 5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon, our goal is to improve your fitness and get you across your FINISH line. We have endurance coaches for walkers and runners of all paces. David Penrose, the former Event Director of the Bellingham Bay Marathon, will direct the program with the same humanity, professional focus and attention to details to ensure all BBay LifeTrek members experience personal growth to help them fulfill their active lifestyle or race goal.
To promote walking & running as part of a healthy lifestyle, BBay Running offers an endurance training program open to all levels and abilities of walkers & runners. Participants will be grouped by similar base-endurance capacities. A BBay head coach will be dedicated to train and mentor each group. Assistant coaches and training assistants will be available to support the head coaches and enhance your experience in the program.
BBay LifeTrek objective: do all possible to ensure you reach your fitness goal or your finish line. The path to participants’ fitness level or goal race(s) will be well coached through education, counseling and guidance through our 24-week program.
BBay LifeTrek will provide weekly group sessions each Saturday morning. These programs may be coached during in-person sessions, plus a weekly training plan. Group training for your goal race distance ensures you have the motivation and support coming from other participants. Our training groups offer LifeTrek members a supportive, inclusive and positively socially accountable atmosphere.
- The 24-week LifeTrek training for fitness, marathon, half-marathon, 10K and 5K starts at 8:00a, Saturday, 15 April. Participants will run or walk 2.6 miles (one lap around Lake Padden) to aid in pace group placement.
- While BBay LifeTrek schedule is ideal for running or walking any of the Bellingham Bay Marathon events (5k, 10k, relay, half marathon or marathon), program participants may apply the endurance benefit of LifeTrek to their healthy lifestyle or any race(s).
Location: BBay Running, 1431 N State St, Bellingham; directions
BBay LifeTrek coaches are experienced in and dedicated to specific training groups to ensure participants received the coaching that is right for them. Training groups are defined by pace as follows:
- Baker – 13:30+ per mile (Walking)
- Kulshan – 11:00-13:00 per mile (Walk/Running)
- Shuksan – 9:30-10:30 per mile (Running)
- Twin Sisters – sub-9:00 per mile (Training)