If you love walking, running and inspiring others to stay healthy and active, consider applying to join BBay Running. We look for bright, enthusiastic, driven team players seeking a long-term position who are passionate about our local running and walking community. BBay offers a wonderfully healthy and enjoyable work environment.
BBay Running is a walking & running shoes store in the heart of downtown Bellingham, Washington. We are experts in providing healthy lifestyle solutions in running and walking shoes, cross-training shoes, apparel and accessories. BBay Running is the oldest running & walking shoe store in Whatcom County.
Part-time Sales Associate
Sales Associates’ responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. The position will promptly resolve customer issues and ensure maximum client satisfaction. A successful Sales Associate will stay up-to-date with products features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Successful Candidate Objectives
- Long-term team member who loves Bellingham and calls this area home
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide information and recommendations on products
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases and returns
- Assist with inventory control
- Assist in maintaining a clean and attractive store environment
- Offer flexible availability as our customer volume grows
- Desire to improve through review and guidance
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address issues in a timely manner
- Former collegiate or high school running athlete highly desirable
- High school diploma or greater education level
This is an immediately available position with a consistent Friday through Tuesday schedule of 20+ hours/week with potential for additional hours. Employee discount benefits.
We are not looking for Sales Associates as much as we desire team members with innate interest in being Healthy Lifestyle Solutions Providers.
INTERESTED IN JOINING BBAY RUNNING’S TEAM?
Please complete our Employment Application, then email it as an attachment along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line to read as follows: Employment Application – “your last name.” For immediate consideration, submit both application and resume in person at BBay Running, 1431 North State St, Bellingham, WA. Thank you!